Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pup Quiz


Pants family pooches by Sis Pants



When is someone going to scientifically prove the correlation between internet use and the hardening of grey matter? From Britain comes a story of such stupendous bonkerdom, you wonder if intelligence tests should be mandatory for web-surfing.  A British woman sent £350 to an address in Africa and was genuinely surprised when a Siberian husky puppy she'd found online didn't jet in by return of post. Africa? You know that continent where Nigeria is located? Number one import - conned cash, number one export - nah, nah, nah-nah, nahs? 

Police are now 'issuing warnings' to people to be 'cautious' when gleefully sending off wads of cash to people they don't know who live in places where the main industry is scamming. Perhaps they should also be telling people not to toss their pay packet into the Thames or dive into a vat of boiling oil. I know what you're going to say, I bought Barney over the internet. What I've never revealed is that I insisted there be a webcam fitted to his cryo-pod. I also refused to pay a penny until I had fully assembled him and convinced myself he was in tip-top working order. 

Sis Pants acquired her spoodle puppies in the traditional way - deserted carpark, dead of night, used notes. They haven't emulated Barney's level of entrepreneurship, but they make very good dusters.