Tuesday, June 05, 2007

How Logo Can You Go?




If words didn't actually fail me, the ones 'that's so pants' would spring immediately to mind. This is either the worst joke since we won the Olympic bid (oh frith, let that be a horrible dream), or this is the really, truly and final (you can all go fuck yourselves if you don't like it), set in stone, or indeed Photoshop, logo for the London Olympics.

I could say I don't think SebCo is necessarily mandatory but what difference would it make? Would it really look any better without him?

Is it just me or does it spell ZOK? You know, ZOK as in Batman - ZOK, BAM, KAPPOW?

I believe The Claw has chosen me for the beach volleyball team. I knew my chance would come one day...



Photo from www.express.co.uk

10 comments:

Stray said...

See, when the did the £400,000 worth of 'development' to get that logo, they forgot to do a focus group with people with the mentality of a 10 year old boy, like me, who instantly see that Lisa Simpson has fallen on very hard times.

Ew.

Sx

That's so pants said...

Stray - what a visionary you are - I still only see ZOK I'm afraid. Is there a saxophone in there somewhere, or a string of pearls or a statue of liberty haircut? Someone help me please...

Boris said...

Actually it says ZOOOOOOK.

To me it looks like a shattered dream. In which case they have indeed fulfilled their brief.

Boris

That's so pants said...

Oh Yeah Boris

Now I see it. This is what the sound of breaking glass looks like.

NMJ said...

hey pants, yes, is truly uninspiring, looks something you'd make on Blue Peter, i'm not excited about the olympics being in london anyway, but i know a good logo when i see one. & this is bad bad bad x

Nicole said...

It totally spells ZOK.

That's so pants said...

Yep - It's that old horse designed by committee ends up as a camel thing.

Political Umpire said...

What a load of, well, pants. God it depresses me. Your countrypeople did a better lot. They even got rid of the arse Arthur Tunstall while they were about it. Shame Sir Donald Bradman couldn't have been present (he was still alive then) but he was in very bad health.

Mind you I gather Sydney still lost money on the whole thing, as did my hometown (Auckland) on the 1990 Commonwealth Games. But we're about to get the America's Cup back ...

That's so pants said...

Hi Pumpie

There's no doubt in my mind that it's going to be a complete disaster and this couldn't be a more obvious pointer. Unfortunately no one's even smelling the coffee, much less the more pungent aromas emitting from this catastrophe in the making.

bye bye bellulah said...

That's so pants.....Indeed.